Not to be confused with' Madoka Kaname, her original Japanese counterpart.
"I'm glad that I can help everyone!"
"As the Princess of the Magical World, I won't let you destroy this precious planet!"
-Molly, fighting the ultimate witch.
|"The Princess and I are separate beings in an alternate continuity."|
|Appears in||Magical Molly!
Magica Quartlet's Magical Molly!
Magica Quartlet's Magical Molly!:
|Relatives||The Kelley Family (Magica Quartlet's Magical Molly!)
Her Kingdom (Actual Magical Molly continuity)
|Occupation||Princess (Dubbed series only)
Student (Dubbed Series, Magica Quartlet's Magical Molly!)
|VA (English)||Rebecca Honig
Christine Marie Cabanos (Magica Quartlet's Magical Molly!)
|VA (Japanese)||Aoi Yuki|
Molly is a really nice and kind girl! She’s friends with almost everyone and is really excited about making a promise with Cubey, Sabrina and Hilary are her best friends. She lives with her cool mom, Judy, her nice dad Thomas and her cute little brother Taylor. Shes not so sure what she wants to wish for yet though...
Magica Quartlet's Magical Molly!
Molly first appears to a naive, gentle girl from a kind family. Though sometimes shy, she makes friends without much difficulty and treats others gently and with respect.
As a Magical Girl, she is sometimes strong hearted, sometimes weak due to her naive-ness.
This article is currently updating.
The following events are Non-Canon and therefore not considered part of the Canon story.
As a daughter of the Magical World
Living with the Kelley family
Concludes non-canon section.
The great sacrifice
The dark truth
The final wish and sacrifice
Timeline 5 (Main timeline)
The following events only occur in the Japanese parody-dub of Magical Molly!
Meeting the original Hilda
In the last scene of Episode 12, Molly (in her Princess form) contacts Homura Akemi, Hilda's prime-universe counterpart. At first, Homura mistakens the voice for Madoka Kaname, Molly's prime-universe counterpart. However, Molly tells Homura that her actions accidentally created her universe, and that she managed to save it, but "since it's just a cheaper version of yours anyway" Molly decided to erase the coffee incident from history so that American fans don't have to worry about a cheap knockoff anymore. Homura asks Molly if she is able to defeat Walpurgisnacht, but Molly replies that she is only a princess, not a goddess, and she already used all her powers to erase the coffee incident. However, Molly reassures Homura that, together with Madoka, they will bring peace to their universe "in a much more violent way". As Molly's voice fades away, Homura can tell that Molly is fading from existence; she cries over having to watch Madoka die again "even if it's not really Madoka", and resolves to save her friend, leading to the events in Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
Molly Kelley in the Magica Comics Continuity
Main Article: Molly Kelley (Magica Comics Continuity)
WARNING: THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.
- Her role in the series remains in this comic continuity.
- Unlike her being the only Princess of the Magical World, she is the next incarnation of her.
- English: Rebecca Honig (4kids Dub), Christine Marie Cabanos (Magica Quartlet's Magical Molly!)
- Japanese: Aoi Yuki
She had very somewhat little liking to Hilda, until she found out what her intentions really are.
She is very fond of her childhood friend, and deeply cares about her, even in her critical states. In the end of the series, She decides to let Sabrina stay along with her in the Magical Kingdom.
Homura Akemi (Japanese only)
When Molly shows her true form as a Princess of the Magical World, she recognizes Homura as Hilda's original counterpart, and that her own universe is simply an inferior copy of Homura's. Molly feels towards Homura Prime the same way she feels towards Hilda at the end of the series.
The form that she used from her stay in Earth.
Magical Girl form
The form that she used to fight Witches.
Her true form, used in Episode 12.
- Aoi Yuki is one of the actresses (along with Kaori, Eri, & Nonaka) reprised her role as the titular character of the dub.
- Her English VA: Rebecca Honig, is also known for voicing Cream The Rabbit from the Sonic the Hedgehog series games (until 2009), and currently Yarona from the 4Kids Dub of Date A Live.
- Originally the voice directors was supposed to let Ai Kayano (茅野・愛衣) to voice Molly, but they ended up letting Aoi Yuki reprising her voice role.
- ...much to her dismay.
- Aoi Yuki has described the final Japanese scene of Magical Molly! as one of the saddest scenes she's ever had to voice, especially in a dub that is mostly a comedic parody of bad American anime dubbing.
- In the Magica Quartlet's Magical Molly!, her arcade scoreboard name is "Meduka", which is a nod to her nickname of the parody character in Meduka Meguca.
- According to Magical Molly! The Complete Works, her working name is "Maddie"
- Japanese: モリー·ケリー (Morī· kerī)
- Chinese: 莫莉·凯利 )Mò lì·kǎilì)